Within my chosen space, Persistently Flickering Liberation, it is heavily based how the surroundings affect one another. Over the course of my time being there, I noticed the area is rarely walked on and often neglected. However, a parking garage is next to the place and many individuals do not take my space's route. As well, animals tend to avoid the space. A netting canopy tops the walking route and has much debris is tangled within it. Within the canopy, are areas of repair due to previous accidents. Pigeons often inhabited the area in high places of refuge from the on going vehicles on the road. Along with previous accidents, pigeons tend to be apart of this. When I first arrived, a pigeon was mashed in between the wire. The pigeon seemed to have been in the area for much time due to it's physical state and individuals did not know of it's existence in the canopy. Adding to the neglect of my space, is the piping. The piping is insulated due to harsh Chicago winters so the pipes will not bust. I was informed that the pipes had not been repaired in years and would most likely not be repaired this coming winter either. A natural occurrence in the area was water dripping. I observed over a period that a puddle would grow and shrunk. However, the puddle seemed to be neglected too as the pigeons did not go to for a source of water. The puddle did not ripple either when on-going vehicles visited the area.
No comments:
Post a Comment